Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Harvard NCAA Players Quoteboard

Wednesday, March 14th.

Before an open practice at The Pit, Harvard players Oliver McNally, Kyle Casey, and Keith Wright spoke before the media. Here are some excerpts.


On the frontcourt of Vanderbilt:

Casey:
"They're big, they're strong and athletic. But I think we're prepared. We've played teams this season who have had a good front court. I think if we just stick to our principles, we'll be fine."

Wright:
"This is going to be challenging. It's going to take a team efort from every position, but I think we've put in the work this season in order to deal with talent like Vanderbilt and I think we'll be fine."


On choosing Harvard:

McNally:
"But after I was coerced into taking a trip to East Coast by my parents and some people around me, I didn't have great experiences at other Ivy league schools on my unofficial visits, but I loved Harvard. I lvoed Coach Amaker, and I really believed in the vision he was pitching to me."

Wright:
"Listening to what all these coaches have, [what] the Ivy Leagues had to offer and the family that I would be spending time with, the players, after evaluating them, I felt like Harvard was the placed that was the best fit for me."

On pressure of winning the Ivy League this season:

McNally: "This year we were picked pretty much consensus to win our league. So we had a bullseye on our back the whole season... But every tournament, there are seeds and all of that, but seeds don't really matter as much because you roll the ball out and play one game and the winner goes on. That's pretty much what it boils down to."

On the importance of early season victory over Florida State:

McNally:
"It was huge. You can come into the season saying we can play with anybody and we can win games... I think it did a lot for us going the rest of the season. We lost at UConn, and we lost some games. But we walk into every game thinking and believing that we can win. it's one thing to say that, but I think as a unit we do believe that."

No comments:

Post a Comment