Hanover, NH- The decisive game three between the Dartmouth Big Green and Clarkson Golden Knights was a back and forth affair that took almost an entire extra period to settle. After a scoreless first period, Dartmouth got on the board first but two minutes later it was all tied again. Halfway through the period, Camille Dumais scored her first of two goals for the Big Green, but Clarkson soon tied and then took a lead of their own with two unanswered to go ahead 3-2 at the end of two. The Knights defense held steady and the North Country squad was just 54 seconds away from advancing to the ECAC semifinals when Reagan Fischer scored a shorthanded goal to send things to OT. There, the Big Green eventually got the game winner as Dumais scored her second, this one on the power play. at the 18:37 mark of a dominant OT performance. The Big Green outshot Clarkson 19-1 in the extra frame and led in shots overall 42-32. Clarkson was 0-3 with the extra attacker while Dartmouth was 0-7.
1. Camille Dumais, Dartmouth- 2 Goals (including GWG) plus an assist on the GTG
2. Erica Howe, Clarkson- Made 38 saves on 42 shots and did her best to keep Clarkson in a lopsided OT, making 18 saves on 19 OT shots while Clarkson mustered only 1 on the other end.
3. Amanda Trunzo, Dartmouth- Two assists, coming on the GTG and GWG
Semifinal Matchups Set
The semifinals are a best of one.
1. Cornell (2-0) vs. 5. Quinnipiac (2-0) - Thursday, 7pm in Ithaca, NY
Season Series- Cornell won 2-0
@ Quinnipiac (Oct. 29) 5-1 W Cornell
@ Cornell (Nov. 20) 4-0 W Cornell
Cornell Home Record: 17-1
Quinnipiac Road Record: 11-7-1
2. Harvard (2-0) vs. 3. Dartmouth (2-1) - Thursday, 7pm in Cambridge, MA
Season Series- Harvard won 2-0
@ Harvard (Nov. 19) 5-3 W Harvard
@ Dartmouth (Nov. 20) 3-2 W Harvard
Harvard Home Record: 10-3-1
Dartmouth Road Record: 9-5